Category Archives: Quadodo Login Script

Release qls-3.1.11

This is a simple quick fix which removes the option for installing using the old (apparently deprecated) mysql_connect() function. It also removes the class files pertaining to the old MySQL versions. This will make sure that everyone who uses the script uses the improved extension (MySQLi).

The minimum supported PHP version has now been lifted to PHP 5.5.0.

Release qls-3.1.10

Hey everyone,

After 5 years I've decided to finally fix all the bugs in the script and release a new stable version. I went through every bug report in the Bugs section of the forum and made sure I took a look at each one. I found that most of the bugs were caused by poor coding; let's just say I've gotten much better in 5 years. You can find the new links on the downloads page:

If you're updating from 3.1.9 just choose the qls-3.1.10-changed_files_only version.

Here is an excerpt from the CHANGELOG:

[Fix] Logging in falsely will now produce an error message
[Fix] Editing a file will now work with zero length files
[Fix] ACTIVATE_ADMIN_VERFICATION changed to ACTIVATE_ADMIN_VERIFICATION in activate.php (Thanks to user antonio1)
[Fix] Session->clear_old_sessions() error in API syntax (Thanks to user Monter)
[Fix] Session->clear_old_sessions() now being used in qls.class.php
[Fix] Session->validate_session() now updates the users cookie/session information correctly
[Fix] Session->validate_session() using wrong $information index (Thanks to user Monter)
[Fix] User->validate_password() uses min_password now instead of min_username (Thanks to user dirmhirn)
[Fix] auth_admin_edit_page was missing from run_form() in admin_add_mask_form.php (Thanks to user Mamoune)
[Fix] Various installation issues including error reporting
[Fix] Removed dual entries in the language file (Thanks to user Wormnest)
[Feature] Added ACTIVATION_BODY_SUCCESS to English.lang.php
[Feature] An email is now sent when an administrator activates a user account (Thanks to user Wormnest)
[Fix] Change password bug fixed where a blank username still sent the form (Thanks to user jeffr and lulu)
[Fix] Added activation time when activating users from admin panel (Thanks to user Wormnest)
[Fix] Password matching failed with special characters on registration (Thanks to user antonio1)
[Fix] Changed encodeURI to encodeURIComponent in admin_panel.php (Thanks to user BillG)
[Info] Dropped support for updating from anything below 3.1.9
[Fix] Added ADMIN_EDIT_USER_NO_AUTH to English.lang.php
[Fix] check_username_existance() was changed to check_username_existence() in User.class.php
[Info] Indented everything that was not in my previous coding style
[Info] Added variable declaration on line 281 in Security.class.php
[Info] Added variable declaration on line 375 in qls.class.php
[Info] Changed documentation for constructor in MySQL.class.php and MySQLie.class.php
[Info] Dropped support for PostgreSQL (will return in 4.0.0)
[Fix] Lines 75 and 116 of Group.class.php was not referencing the qls class properly
[Fix] Increased the minimum version to PHP 5.2.0
[Fix] Website error in admin_panel.php
[Fix] Random variable on line 707 named $save removed in User.class.php
[Fix] Replaced ereg_replace() with str_replace() in SQL.class.php line 59
[Fix] Replaced all email matching with the filter_var() function
[Fix] Variable name mismatch in Admin.class.php (various locations)
[Fix] Any reference to the .com version of the site removed finally!

This is an extensive list! There were no new real features added in this version, but I think I found most of the errors. Users who reported the bugs/provided a fix in the forum have been included in the list, thanks for your help!